Whether you run a blog, a non-profit organization, or a business, social media can help you convey your message effectively, as well as consolidate your relation with your fans, followers, and customers. Of course, it also makes it easier for other people to find you on the Web. Below you’ll discover other key reasons why social media is important for you.
1. Connects you with fans, followers, and customers, helping you to keep them updated with everything you’re doing, building familiarity and trust. Social media helps you maintain ties with your audience even after they leave your website or stop reading your newsletters.
2. Enables you to promote your mission, organization, or business to a global audience without having to spend money. Social media will cost you time though, whether you’re promoting a small business or a Charlotte marketing blog.
3. Increases customer satisfaction. By connecting with your customers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other websites you can answer their questions and solve their problems more quickly than through email. More and more people take to social media when they need customer support from their favorite brands.
4. Boosts your traffic. Social networks let you easily direct your fans and followers to your main website or to a landing page you build around a product, service, or event. Websites like Facebook or Twitter can be major traffic sources.
5. Strengthens your brand. How your brand is perceived online depends more and more on how social media users view your social profiles and your activities on them. Social websites can help you highlight the benefits that your products and services have more effectively than ads do, without the expense that the latter involve.
6. Allows you to receive valuable feedback that can help you understand what works and what doesn’t in your marketing campaign. By monitoring the responses you receive on your social websites you can determine what people make of your offerings, as well as what they need and want. The information is current and continuous and can help you shape your marketing strategies.
7. Can act as a substitute for costly traditional advertising options like print ads or billboards. This is especially true for small businesses who cannot afford to hire advertising agencies or consultants. Our Charlotte marketing blog can help you understand how to use social media as a marketing tool, so make sure you check it.
8. Facebook has the power to influence consumer choices. An ING study found that 40% of frequent Facebook users said that information posted on the aforementioned network may result in them switching banks. Use social media more effectively than your competitors and you can steal their customers.
As you can see, there are many reasons why social media is important. But for it to work for you, you must use it in the right way. Our Charlotte marketing blog can help you get started. Click here to learn more!
Image Credit: [Flickr / Jason Howie]